St. Charles High School
St. Charles High School is one of the oldest schools in the city. The building was built at its present location in 1923. Today, the school serves students on the Eastern side of the city and has a new synthetic turf athletic field. The school also has many extracurricular opportunities for students.
- Fax: 636-443-4101
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 7:45am - 2:45pm
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: 1918
- Number of students: 881
- Male-to-female ratio: 52:48
- Public/Private: Public
- Graduation rate (%): 84.7
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 1:20
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Number of faculty: 73
- How engaged is the school with the community?: Principal Jeff Walker says the school is working to increase its engagement within the community. Currently, the marketing class students get class credit to work in area businesses. Various social service organizations also volunteer in the community.
- What makes this community special?: "It has such a personal feeling," sayd Walker. "If you live here and grew up here... they do such a good job of having pride in their school."
- Grade levels: 9 - 12
- Boarding: No
- Special education: Yes
- Uniforms: No
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Language lab, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Advanced placement courses: Chemistry, English, literature, world history, music theory, government and politics, biology
- Extracurricular activities available: Cheerleading, pommers, band, choir, drama, yearbook, newspaper, student council, renaissance, winter guard
- Student clubs: Art club, DECA, Future Teachers of America, International Thesbian Society, National Honor Society, Pirate Players, Students Against Destructive Decisions, Science, Family Career and Community Leaders
- Sports teams: Football, boys and girls soccer, softball, baseball, boys and girls volleyball, cross country, track, swimming, golf, tennis, wrestling