J. Scheidegger Center for the Arts
Lindenwood University opened the J. Scheidegger Center for the Arts on September 11, 2008. The center has two theaters including the 1,200-seat Bezemes Family Theatre and the 250-seat Emerson Black Box Theatre. It also features the Boyle Gallery, an art gallery in which local, national and regional artists display work. The center also provides classrooms and offices for students and professors. Student plays, orchestral performances and national performances such as Legally Blonde perform at the theater.
- Hours: Box Office Hours: Monday - Friday: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM Saturday: 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM Sunday: Closed *The Box Office opens two hours before any ticketed performance.
- Handicap Accessible: Parking is handicap-accessible, as are the Orchestra and Balcony sections of The Bezemes Family Theater. The Emerson Black Box Theater is generally fully handicap-accessible.
- Founding Date: September 11, 2008; Liza Minnelli opened the J. Scheidegger Center for the Arts to two sold-out houses.
- Ticket information: Tickets can be purchased online or at The Box Office.
- Buy tickets online [link]: www.telecharge.com
- Private parties: Yes
- Food/drink: Yes
- Alcohol served: No
- Coat/bag check: Yes
- Parking: Free lot, Valet
- Restrictions: No outside food
- What makes this community special?: Just minutes from the St. Louis International Airport and less than one quarter mile from Interstate 70, the J. Scheidegger Center for the Arts is in a safe park like setting on the campus of Lindenwood University. Ample free parking is available.