Harris Elementary School
Harris Elementary School serves students from preschool through fourth grade. Harris has partnered with nearby Lindenwood University on an academic program that allows Lindenwood students to obtain practicum credit by helping Harris students with reading and math. Principal Melvin Bishop said the Parent Teacher Organization raises roughly $15,000 annually during a Hawk Walk fundraiser. The money goes toward upgraded technology and activities like the annual Breakfast with Santa.
- Fax: 636-443-4701
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 7:45am - 2:45pm
- Handicap Accessible: Designated parking
- Founding Date: 1994
- Number of students: 503
- Male-to-female ratio: 57 percent male; 42 percent female
- Public/Private: Public
- Financial aid: No
- Acceptance rate (%): 100
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 20:1
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 44
- How engaged is the school with the community?: Parents and community members regularly volunteer to help in classrooms.
- What makes this community special?: Parent involvement is one factor that makes the community great.
- Grade levels: Preschool-4th grade
- Special education: Yes
- Features: Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Library, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: Choir and strings classes
- Student clubs: Chess, running, science