Crooked Tree Coffee House has something for nearly everyone — from a bottomless cup of coffee to a warm blueberry scone to a barbecue beef sandwich for lunch or dinner.
Owner Stein Hunter said since it opened in 2004, the shop has evolved into a place where community members gather for coffee in the morning, businessmen and women stop for lunch and students study in the evenings. A robust breakfast menu attracts groups in the mornings as well.
Musicians sometimes perform at the coffee house, but nearly every day someone picks up the guitar or plays on the piano in the back.
"In reality it's open mic night every night here," Hunter said. "As long as they are legitimately producing music, they're welcome to come share their gifts with us."
- Fax: 636-669-0537
- Hours: Mon, Tue, 6am - 6pm; Wed - Fri, 6am - 10pm; Sat, 7am - 10pm; Sun, 7am - 6pm
- Founding Date: 2004
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Products: Coffee, espresso, smoothies, frozen coffee drinks, chai tea, breakfast, lunch, dinner
- Food & dining options: Low calorie, Sugar-free, Vegetarian
- General services: Catering, Delivery, Eat-in, Phone orders, Prepared foods, Take-out, Web orders
- Menu link: www.crookedtreecoffee.com/order.html
- Specialties: Owner Stein Hunter said the freshness of the food preparation is its specialty. "Everything is pretty much made from scratch. The pastries are amazing. I'd put our wraps against anyone in town."
- Parking: Free lot
- Private events: Yes
- What makes this community special?: There is a salt-of-the-earth kindness in the majority of the people that live here. They're really very accepting and understanding of kindness.
- Wi-Fi: Free
- Newspapers, magazines: Yes
- Top 10 menu items, or signature dishes: Breakfast quesadilla, French toast, breakfast sandwich, crooked tree salad, Thai chicken wrap, club wrap, Sixth street beef dip, mandarin chicken salad, chicken spinach crepe