Monday is Memorial Day and several communities and groups around the county are holding celebrations to honor our nation's military men and women.
- St. Charles Veterans Commission will host a at 1 p.m. Monday, May 28 at Events include a musical prelude by the St. Charles Municipal Band, invocation from chaplain Tom Beiser, of VFW Post 2866, a roll call of departed veterans, followed by a wreath laying, benediction and rifle salute.
- will host a at 2 p.m. Sunday, May 27 at 3950 West Clay Street. Veterans' names will be read aloud and St. Charles County veterans organizations will participate.
- The 4th Annual Memorial Day Ruck March will start at 8 a.m. from the corner of WingHaven Boulevard at Highway 40/I-64, ending at Veterans Memorial Walk. The march is open to all current and veteran military personnel and their families, and the uniform will be ACUs with full ruck, or the equivalent for current military service.
- The Memorial Day Ceremony will be at 11 a.m. Monday at O'Fallon Veterans Memorial Walk, 800 Belleau Creek Road, in O’Fallon, MO. Mayor Bill Hennessy will deliver opening remarks. Music will be provided by the O’Fallon Community Concert Band.
- The St. Peters Veterans Memorial Commission will host a ceremony at 10 a.m. May 28 at . U.S. Marine Corps Gunnery Sergeant Jason P. Teets will be the featured speaker. About 20 Marine recruits will be sworn into military service. A Medivac helicopter will fly in before the ceremony at approximately 9:30 a.m. An Air Force Raptor vehicle will also be on site for viewing.
- The City of Lake Saint Louis and Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 10350 are inviting area residents to attend Lake Saint Louis’ annual Memorial Day observance at 11 a.m. Monday, May 28, at the Veterans Memorial Park adjacent to Lake Saint Louis Civic Center, I-64/US40 at Lake Saint Louis Boulevard. The ceremony will take place rain or shine. Those attending are welcome to bring lawn chairs. Limited seating will be provided.
You might be interested in these other articles: