There were 1,272 incidents on and around Main Street St. Charles reported between Jan. 1 and July 10, 2012, according to a report prepared for Mayor Sally Faith by Maj. Ed Mitchell of the .
The incidents ranged from an alarm sounding at a business, to police stopping a pedestrian, to a report of a fight. Aside from the , this information provides a snapshot at crime and police activity in Main Street area this year.
Get the full report by clicking the PDF link above. Below, see the results summerized:
Between Jan. 1 and July 2012, there were 1,272 incidents on Main Street which included:
- 3 liquor violation reports.
- 5 reports of a noise disturbance.
- 6 incidents of indecent exposure, three of which referred to someone urinating in public.
- 7 incidents of a burglary in progress or not in progress.
- 7 reports of people refusing to leave.
- 13 stolen automobiles.
- 21 incidents of property damage.
- 26 incidents of assault in progress or not in progress.
- 31 reports of a parking problem.
- 35 suspicious subject or vehicle.
- 43 reports of an intoxicated subject.
- 47 incidents of stealing, not in progress.
- 69 incidents of a fight in progress.
- 80 pedestrian checks, 4 of which were a peace disturbance, 10 were taken into protective custody, and 8 were urinating in public.
- 125 reports of a "disturbance" which turned out to be everything from a peace disturbance to an assault to a fight.