Police ticketed a woman who confined a dog to a car for 20 minutes on July 18 in a parking lot off of Veterans Memorial Parkway. The temperature was about 101 degrees Fahrenheit.
This is the second time this summer that police have reported issuing a ticket to someone who
- A car key left inside a vehicle parked at Regency Parkway in St. Charles was stolen from the car after the driver's door was bumped. The incident happened between 9:15 p.m. and 11:45 p.m. July 17.
- Someone attempted to use a debit card which had been stolen from a car at BP gas station around 9:45 p.m. July 17 and 1 a.m. July 18.
- A thief entered a locked vehicle parked in an alley at North Canal Way and stole a laptop in the rear seat between 11 p.m. July 17 and 9 a.m. July 18.
- Someone stole more than $500 in stereo equipment from an unlocked car which was parked in the street at South New Town Avenue between 10:30 p.m. July 17 and 9:33 a.m. July 18.
- Someone damaged a candle donation box and stole money from the inside of a building at First Capitol Drive around 1:30 p.m. July 18.
- A wedding band was stolen from an unlocked vehicle parked at Glen Abbe Ct. between 7:30 p.m. July 18 and 6:50 a.m. July 19.
Minor in Possession
- Police arrested two minors who were drinking on Main Street without IDs around 1 a.m. July 18.
- A 60-year-old man reported the rear drivers side window of his vehicle was broken between 5:30 p.m. July 17 and 4:45 a.m. July 18. Nothing was reported stolen from the vehicle.
Fireworks were set off in the book return of the branch between 9 p.m. July 17 and 7 a.m. July 18.
- Someone poured a white substance, possibly sugar, in the gasoline tank of a car parked at San Juan Drive between 1:30 a.m. and 8:50 a.m. July 18.
- A thief entered a garage at West Randolph Street between midnight and 8 a.m. July 18 and took more than $780 worth of lawn tools. The garage door may have been open at the time.
- Two counterfeit bills were used at a business in the 900 block of South Riverside Drive between 11:30 p.m. July 17 and 9:20 a.m. July 18.
- A counterfeit $20 bill was deposited by Uncle Joe's Bar on July 5, according to police reports. The incident was reported July 18.