Tools were reportedly stolen from the caboose on Feb. 29, according to St. Charles Police Reports.
Someone broke the rear window of the caboose to gain entry. The caboose is located behind the Frenchtown Heritage Museum on North Second Street in Frenchtown and
The old Sante Fe caboose was restored by Jerry Boshears with donations from the local branch of the international Questers group.
- Police found people growing a small amount of marijuana in an apartment at the Trails of Sunbrook on March 1.
Main Street Area Incidents
- A 29-year-old man was assaulted in the alley of the 300 block of North Second Street around 1:46 a.m. March 3. The victim was taken by ambulance to , while three suspects were arrested.
- Police wrote a ticket for a person who was observed urinating in public on South Riverside Drive in St. Charles around 12:40 a.m. March 2.
- An intoxicated man left his dog in a taxi he used around 7:40 p.m. Feb. 2 and refused to retrieve the dog. He was arrested on several outstanding warrants. The incident happened on North Main Street March 2.
- A 23-year-old man was taken into protective custody from North Main Street around 12:57 a.m. March 2 because police feared he may be injured.
- A 3-year-old girl was reportedly sexually abused by her uncle. The incident was reported on Feb. 29 and occurred between Feb. 13 and Feb. 20.
- Police arrested someone wanted for warrants who was unable to pay for gas at a Mobil gas station on March 1.
- Power tools were stolen from a storage closet at Ameristar Blvd. between 2 p.m. Feb. 25 and 7 a.m. Feb. 27. The incident was reported March 1.
- A 31-year-old man reported change and a gun were stolen from an unlocked vehicle parked at Landau Ct. between 10 p.m. Feb. 29 and 8 a.m. March 1.
- Two GPS units were stolen from unlocked motor vehicle parked on Landau Park between 10 p.m. Feb. 29 and 8 a.m. March 1.
- A 41-year-old woman reported her purse was stolen after she left it in the breakfast area of a hotel.
- A 38-year-old man reported a number of items were stolen out of his vehicle parked on North Fourth Street between 4 p.m. March 2 and 8:51 a.m. March 3.
- Police took an intoxicated person into protective custody at Esterling Drive around 12:20 a.m. Feb. 29.
- Police took an intoxicated subject into protective custody from North Kingshighway in St. Charles around 3:11 a.m. March 3.
- Police arrested a woman who struck her boyfriend in the head with a glass cup, which caused a minor cut on his head. He was transported to the hospital, while the woman was arrested for domestic assault in the third degree. The incident happened on March 1 around 10:30 p.m.
- A home on Paula Drive was broken into between 9 a.m. and 5:15 p.m. Feb. 29. A laptop, cash and arrowheads were reportedly stolen from the property.