A loose dog bit a 16-year-old girl at North Fifth Street around 5:15 p.m. Oct. 4. Surgery was required to reattach the girl's ring finger to her hand, according to police.
- A 26-year-old woman assaulted another woman around 12:30 a.m. Oct. 2 at S. Cadillac Drive.
- A 55-year-old woman reported she was assaulted at South Cadillac Drive in St. Charles around 8 a.m. Oct. 3.
- Someone broke into a business on South Duchesne Drive between 6 p.m. Oct. 2 and 5:20 a.m. Oct. 3 and stole money and damaged a safe.
- A 66-year-old man reported that four political signs were stolen from his yard on Whetstone Drive between 8:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Oct. 4.
- Applebee's reported that a server quit and left with $57 in her possession on Oct. 2.
- Police responded to a complaint of habitually barking dogs at West Adams Street around 3:30 p.m. Oct. 3.
- The rear window of a car parked in the 1000 block of Regency Parkway was broken between 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. Oct. 3 and a purse was stolen.
- Property damage was reported by a woman in the 1100 block of Chargene Street overnight Oct. 4.
St. Charles Police Reports are provided by the St. Charles Police Department. An arrest does not indicate a conviction.