St. Charles Police Reports are provided by . An arrest does not indicate conviction.
A 51-year-old man reportedly drove his motorcycle to dinner on South Main Street around 7:30 p.m. June 22. When he returned around 11:55 p.m. it was missing. The bike is valued at more than $16,000.
- A car drove across the southeast corner of lawn, shearing off a small tree at ground level. The vehicle then fled the area. The incident happened around 3:50 a.m. June 20.
- A motorcycle was reportedly stolen from an apartment complex at Sun Lake Drive between 4:30 a.m. and 9:30 a.m. June 20. The motorcycle was valued at more than $6,000.
Driving While Intoxicated
- Someone reported a careless and imprudent driver on Westbound Interstate 70 around 11 p.m. June 20. Police found the driver, pulled the person over and arrested the person for a DWI, speeding and failing to drive in a single lane.
Thieves Hit Car Twice in 12 hours
- Police are investigating a report of someone seen breaking into a vehicle parked outside a property on North Second Street between 10:45 p.m. and 10:52 p.m. June 21. The dash was broken, the stereo and amplifier were stolen. The car was broken into again between 12:30 and 6:44 a.m. June 22, and the speakers were stolen. Police are investigating.
Juveniles Break into Homes, Steal Alcohol from Fridge
- Police chased down three juveniles who are suspected of breaking into a home on Cork Oak Ct. in St. Charles and taking alcohol and orange juice from his refrigerator around 3:38 a.m. June 22. The victim reported the burglary in progress and police found the suspects and pursued them on foot. One suspect was found hiding in the wooded area, while two other suspects went back to their residence and were found and arrested. Police only recovered one stolen item.
- A 31-year-old man reported two juveniles entered his open garage and tried to steal alcohol from a refrigerator between 11 p.m. and 11:07 p.m. June 22. The home was located at Hunters Ridge.
Lawn Ornaments Stolen
- Two lawn ornaments were stolen from the side yard of a business located in the 400 block of South Main between 5 p.m. June 21 and 11 a.m. June 22.
- A purse was taken in the 100 block of North Main Street around 1 a.m. June 22.
You might be interested in these related articles: