St. Charles Police Reports are provided by St. Charles Police Department. An arrest does not indicate a conviction.
Someone broke into an empty house on Susan Drive between midnight Dec. 29 and 10:50 a.m. Jan. 7, taking a copper pipe valued at $3,000.
O'Fallon Police have seen a recent spike in thieves targeting vacant homes. Five burglaries were reported in the city in the past month, according to an article on Stltoday.com.
- Police arrested someone who was found in possession of stolen property including money, jewelry, computer hardware and clothing taken from August Alp Ct. The property was stolen on Jan. 5.
- A 38-year-old woman reported a wallet and radar detector were taken from her vehicle parked on Greendale Ct. on Jan. 4.
- A 19-year-old woman's iPhone was stolen by an unknown man whom she loaned the phone to while at Sandra Avenue around 6:20 p.m. Jan. 5. The man left with the phone.
- An air compressor was stolen from a car wash at a gas station at New Town Blvd. around 10 p.m. Jan. 4.
- A 34-year-old man reported another man stole his iPhone from a bar on North Main Street around 9:15 p.m. Jan. 5.
- A woman reported several gift cards and her wallet were stolen from her vehicle parked at Veterans Memorial Parkway between 7:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Jan. 7.
- Two bottles of vodka were stolen from Mid-Town IGA by a 17 year old on Dec. 30. The incident was reported Jan. 8.
- A 41-year-old woman reported a domestic assault with a firearm in the 200 block of South Cardinal between 4 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. Jan. 5.
- Police responded to a report of a domestic disturbance on Elm Street around 11:30 p.m. Jan. 7. The man assaulted the girl and then locked himself in a bedroom after police arrived. He was charged with domestic assault and interfering with arrest.
- Police responded to a peace disturbance and noise violation on Main Street and Jefferson Street around 12 a.m. Jan. 6.
- Police observed someone urinating in the city hall parking garage around 1:20 a.m. Jan. 6.
- A driver was arrested after being stopped at South First Capitol Drive and Zumbehl Road around 1:30 a.m. Jan. 6 and found to be driving without a driver's license and without insurance.
- Police stopped a suspicious vehicle on South River Road around 2 a.m. Jan. 6 which resulted in a drug arrest involving a fleeing felon.