A St. Charles man, caught after breaking into a house while the resident was home, faces 11 criminal charges in six burglaries, police said.
St. Charles Police said Jeremy Lorenz, 18, kicked in a door in the 900 block of Spring Avenue while the homeowner was home sleeping. Police arrested him a short time later.
Officers linked Lorenz to five other St. Charles burglaries, including another burglary at the same house on Spring Avenue, according to a police report.
Lorenz was charged Dec. 31 with one count of first-degree burglary, five counts of second-degree burglary and five counts of felony theft.
Police said Lorenz committed the following burglaries.
- Broke a window and entered a home in the 500 block of South Eighth Street Aug. 20 and stole jewelry and a computer;
- Broke a window and entered a home in the 600 block of Schaefer Place Aug. 29 and stole items worth more than $500;
- Broke a window and entered a home in the 900 block of Spring Avenue Nov. 20 and stole cash, jewelry and CDs;
- Entered a home in the 1100 block of Cunningham Avenue through an unlocked window and stole jewelry and watches;
- Entered a home in the 400 block of Washington Street and stole jewelry valued at more than $500.
Lorenz was being held in St. Charles County jail on Friday. Bail was set at $50,000, cash only. He was on probation after receiving a suspended imposition of sentence on a charge of receiving stolen property last July.
For more crime information on St. Charles Patch, see the following articles:
- Restaurant Manager Charged With Stealing Bank Deposit
- Couple Indicted After Breaking Into St. Charles Home To Retrieve A Girl