- Candlelight Tour Historic Daniel Boone Home & Boonefield Village: 6 p.m. Dec. 7, 8, 14 and 15. Tickets are $15 adults and $10 children. Thousands of candles create a soft glow illuminating the path into 1820 where residents on the Missouri Frontier prepare for the holiday season. Enjoy wassail, cookies & period music. For more information, call 636-798-2005 or visit www.danielboonehome.com
- Letters to Santa: Receive a letter from Santa by sending letters via the Parks Department. Letters should be addressed to: North Pole, 1900 Randolph, St. Charles, MO 63301. Letters must be received by Nov. 30, with the return address clearly marked.
- Christmas Traditions: This annual festival runs every Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Wednesday, starting Nov. 23, through Dec. 24. It features a cast of more than 30 Christmas characters including a Victorian-era Santa and Tiny Tim from A Christmas Carol. See hours here.
- Trains on Main: See the Trains on Main Street at 222 North Main from Wednesday and Friday, 6:30 to 9 p.m., Saturdays 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Sundays 12-5 p.m.
- Gingerbread Village: See the contestants in the Gingerbread House contest at Main Street Church at 116 North Main Street. Open during festival hours.
- Breakfast with Santa: The Mother-In-Law House hosts Breakfast With Santa Dec. 8 and 22 at 9 a.m. Tickets $15 for kids under 12 and $18 for adults. Call 636-255-6155 for tickets.
- Miss Aimee B's Tea Room Christmas Dinners: Nov. 28, 30, Dec. 5, 12, 14, 19, 21, 5:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. seatings. Reservations required 636-946-4202.
- Pictures with Santa: Eat at Tony's on Main Dec. 15, 16, 22 and 23 and get a free photo with Santa between 12 and 3 p.m.
Nov. 26-Dec. 2
- 7th Annual “Big Red Box” Show and Sale Event: 4-9 p.m. Nov. 30, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Dec. 1 at Foundry Art Centre. More than 20 juried artists from Best of Missouri Hands will present the “Big Red Box” Show and Sale,which will also feature complimentary gift-wrapping and refreshments.
- Las Posadas: 6 p.m. Dec. 1. Bring candles and flashlights and follow the procession and live reenactment of Mary and Joseph searchign for a room at the inn. Starts at South Main and Booneslick, and travels to Frontier Park with caroling.
- New Town Christmas Bazaar: 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Dec. 1 at New Town Town Hall.
- New Town Christmas House Tour: Visit 10 homes decorated for the holidays on Dec. 2 from 1-5 p.m. Begins at New Town Town Hall. Call 314-330-2738 for more information. Tickets are $10.
- Clydesdale on Main Street: An Anheuser Busch Clydesdale will head to historic St. Charles from noon to 2 p.m. Dec. 2 at the Colonnade in the 100-200 blocks of North Main Street.
- Lindenwood Christmas Walk: Head to Lindenwood's campus from 4 to 8 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 2 for live music, mulled cider, hot chocolate, s'mores, Santa, Rudolph and opportunities to write a letter to Santa and color a Christmas ornament.
- Historic Augusta's Candlelight Christmas Walk: 5-10 p.m. Dec. 7, Explore Augusta, warm yourself at the bonfire, ride the antique trolley, enjoy caroling and more.
- Kringle Market at Mount Pleasant Winery: Head to Mount Pleasant in Augusta from noon to 6 p.m. and check out the Kringle Market featuring locally-made gifts.
- Santa's North Pole Dash: 9 a.m. Dec. 8, 5k run or 1 mile fun walk. Register at www.santasnorthpoledash.com
- Breakfast with Santa: 9 a.m. Dec. 8 (ages 1-12) Blanchette Park Memorial Hall. Santa will meet children & pose for pictures, bring cameras! $8 person. Reservations required, space limited. Head here to reserve a spot.
- St. Charles West Marching Band Holiday House Tour: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Dec. 9. Tour five homes and one market from the 1860s-1990s. Tickets are $20 and can be purchased at Frenchtown Market.
- Free Family Holiday Evenings: 5 to 7 p.m. Dec. 12, Foundry Art Centre. Come enjoy an evening of family fun and creativity. Children 12 and under will create holiday themed itemsand light refreshments will be available.
- Santa’s Little Helpers December 15 9am-2pm Blanchette Park Memorial Hall Christmas activities, pizza, games & movies — $15 child. Program designed to give parents the opportunity to shop, wrap, bake, or get some R&R before the holidays.
- Night Out on the Lions: Dec. 14 6-10 p.m. Children ages 5-10 years old can hang out at the Hyland Arena for games, team events and arts and crafts. Light snacks and refreshments are available. To register or for more information, email Katie Griffin at firstname.lastname@example.org Donations go to Sterling Thomas Fund.
- Historic Augusta's Candlelight Christmas Walk: 5-10 p.m. Dec. 14, Explore Augusta, warm yourself at the bonfire, ride the antique trolley, enjoy caroling and more.
- ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas: 12-5 p.m. Dec. 16, Missouri's First State Capitol. Hear the traditional story of “The Night Before Christmas” told by Mrs. Claus along side a warm glowing fire. Enjoy hot cider & cookies with a delightful visit from Santa. Call 636-940-3322 for pricing.
- Free Family Holiday Evenings: 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Dec. 19, Foundry Art Centre. Come enjoy an evening of family fun and creativity. Children 12 and under will create holiday themed itemsand light refreshments will be available.
- Capitol by Candlelight: 5:30-8 p.m. Dec. 19 and 21, Missouri's First State Capitol. Period dressed interpreters lead you through the fully restored building.Tickets are $4 for adults and $2.50 for a child.
You might be interested in these other articles:
- 2012 Holiday Concerts and Plays
- St. Charles Holiday Markets in November and December
- Holiday TV Specials Schedule 2012
- Share Your Best Holiday Photos and Win Prizes on Patch