Check out these classes offered at your local library, through the St. Charles Adult Education Department and St. Charles Community College that will get you to better health in 2013.
- Dr. Wen, author of the book "When Doctors Don't Listen," will meet with people over coffee from 2 to 4 p.m. Feb. 1 at the Middendorf-Kredell Library branch. Wen talks about how to avoid misdiagnoses and unnecessary tests. Sign up here.
- Take control of your diet by preparing healthy, simple recipes for your family. Class includes weekly lists and recipes for healthy meals. Seven classes taught at 6 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays Feb. 19 to March 12 at Hardin Middle School. Cost is $89. Sign up here.
- Learn to manage your family's health in this class set for 6 p.m. Feb. 20 at St. Charles West High School. The class offers suggestions for upset tummy, minor scrapes, restless sleep patterns using alternative, natural products. Cost is $29. Sign up here.
- Learn to experiment with different types of foods you already use to create a vegetarian lifestyle. Class is offered March 21 from 6 to 8 p.m. Class is $45 and offered through St. Charles Community College continuing education program. Sign up here.
- Sign up for Zumba Gold, a low-impact, easy to follow Latin dance class with routines designd for older adults. Offered Feb. 26 to April 18 on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. Cost is $75.Sign up here.
- Take a class that will prepare you for a total joint replacement surgery. This class will be offered at 10 a.m. to noon Jan. 19, Feb. 6 from 6 to 8 p.m. and Feb. 16 from 10 a.m. to noon at Middendorf-Kredell Library Branch. Free.