Eight residents, including several incumbents, filed on opening day to run for election to St. Charles City Council in April.
Seats in wards 6 through 10 are up for election.
Candidates must submit 25 signatures from registered voters in their ward when they register. Registration ends Jan. 15. The signatures turned in by candidates still have to be certified by the St. Charles County Election Authority.
The following people filed to run for St. Charles City Council:
- Incumbent Jerry Reese has served nine years on the city council.
- Richard Wenger
- Rod Hermann was recently appointed by Mayor Sally Faith to serve the remaining few months in former Ward 8 Councilman Mike Klinghammer's term.
- Rose Kasper is a former St. Charles City Councilwoman who represented ward 8 for ten years.
- Ron Stivison has served six years on St. Charles City Council.
- Bridget Ohmes just completed her first term on the Council.
- Kenneth Wright