Drivers may want to find alternate routes to avoid traffic delays during the upcoming 12-month reconstruction of the Blanchette Bridge.
In two weeks, crews will begin repair work by closing the westbound span of the bridge.
Starting that Nov. 2, westbound I-70 traffic will be detoured to the eastbound I-70 bridge lanes for 12 months, with three lanes for eastbound and three lanes for westbound traffic.
Immediately off the end of the bridge, there will be pavement in the median to move the three westbound lanes back over to the normal westbound pavement.
The entire bridge and parts of I-70 will be closed for an hour during bridge blasts on three different days in November and early December.
MoDOT suggests drivers flex work hours or consider alternate routes to avoid traffic during morning and evening rush hours.
- According to MoDOT, Route 370 is the signed detour to avoid the construction work
- Route 364 to Arena Parkway will serve as alternate to Downtown St. Charles
- Northbound Fifth Street traffic will have a signed detour on Veterans Memorial to Route 94 to access eastbound I-70.
- I-64 serves as another route to I-270
St. Charles has placed wayfinding signs to point traffic toward the major attractions in the city.
Driving Directions to Main Street Historic District
Provided by City of St. Charles. See more from the city here.
- S. Hwy 94 to MO-94 E toward St. Charles; as you travel over Hwy 70,Hwy. 94 turns into First Capitol Drive. First Capitol Drive to 230 South Main Street, which is the Saint Charles Convention and Visitors Bureau.
- N. Hwy 94 to MO-94 turns into Third St.; merge onto N. Third Street/MO-94 W. Turn left onto Tecumseh St./MO-94 (roundabout). Turn right onto N. Second St./MO-94. From N. Second Street turn left on Clark St. and right on Main St.
- 370 West take MO-370W to Exit 7, MO-94/North Third St. Merge onto N. Third Street/MO-94. Turn left onto Tecumseh St./MO-94 (roundabout). Turn right onto N. Second St./MO-94. From N. Second Street turn left on Clark St. and right on Main St.
- 370 East take MO-370E to Exit 7, MO-94/North Third St. Turn right on N. Third St./MO-94. Turn left onto Tecumseh St./MO-94 (roundabout). Turn right onto N. Second St./MO-94. Make a left on Clark St. and right on Main St.
- 70 West take I-70W exit at Fifth St. (Exit 229B) .Right on Fifth
- Street to Boone's Lick Road, turn right. Left on Main St.
- 70 East take I-70E exit at Fifth St. (Exit 229). Left on Fifth St. to Boone's Lick Road, turn right. Left on Main St.
- 70 East take I-70E exit at First Capitol Dr. (Exit 228). Left on First Capitol Drive to Main St.
- 70 West take I-70W exit to First Capitol Dr. (Exit 228B). Right on First Capitol Drive to Main St.
- 270 to 364 West take the Page Extension across the Veterans Memorial Bridge and exit at Arena Parkway (Exit 14). Turn right and continue past The Family Arena until Arena Parkway dead-ends at Friedens Road/South River Road (approx. two miles). Turn right on South River Road and continue one mile to Main Street, and turn right to enter historic district.
You might also be interested in:
- 2012 Will Bring Closure of Blanchette Bridge
- MODOT Prepares for Westbound Blanchette Bridge Closure
- Blanchette Bridge Closure Countdown Starts