Vision St. Charles County Leadership is accepting applications for the class of 2013, according to a press release.
Community members and business leaders from a broad range of the area are accepted into the program which aims to educate by providing experiences to increase awareness and develop leadership skills.
Participants learn about St. Charles County in a variety of ways through once-monthly meetings between August 2012 and May 2013. There are two two-day retreats, one in August and one in February, which is a trip to Jefferson City.
The classes cover civic leadership, economic development, education and healthcare. Tuition is $600 and must accompany applications. Applications are available on the Vision website
Now onto news from the neighborhood:
- Frenchtown Heritage Museumhas an exhibition on African Americans who've made an impact on St. Charles which runs through Wednesday Feb. 29.
- I Am What I Am on Main Street posted new photos of their items for spring on the store's Facebook page. Check it out.
- Duchesne High School boys basketball team (16-8) will play against St. Charles West High (7-17) tonight at 7:30 p.m. in districts. St. Dominic High School (12-11) faces St. Charles High (12-13) at 6 p.m.
- Duchesne High School girls basketball team beat St. Charles High School (17-7) on Tuesday night, 46-37, to continue at a chance for the district title. Duchesne will play St. Dominic (19-5) on Friday at 6 p.m.
- Do you own a business in St. Charles? Be sure to claim your free business listing. Search for your business here.