As we head into the weekend, check out what's going on in St. Charles County.
- After School Mixed Media: Friday at 4 p.m. at My Handyworks, 104 S Main St, St. Charles. Mixed Media Exploration is monthly on-going class of exploration with paper mache, wax, wire, candy, shells and much more.
- St. Charles Optimist Club to Sponsor Essay Scholarship Contest: All day on Friday at Fred's Complete Car Care, 1130 1st Capitol Dr., St. Charles. The Optimist Club of St. Charles is encouraging area students to contemplate the phrase “How Can I Help My Friends Realize Their Value” as part of the Optimist International Essay Scholarship Contest for 2012-13. The winning essay will be sent to the district level. $2,500 college scholarships are available for the first place winners at the district level. Students wishing to participate in this year’s essay contest can find out more about the contest by going to our local website link http://scoptimists.weebly.com/happenings.html for flyer, application with rules, and details.
- PAM Playgroup - Session 2: Saturday at 11 a.m. at Gateway Learning Connection, 2338 Highway 94 South Outer Rd., St. Charles. Parents and their child participate in interactive, themed activities, like; Bring My Outdoors Inside, The Little Chef, Yo Baby Yoga and Music Mania. Designed to foster such skills as socialization, learning to share, following directions, communication and listening.
- Acoustic Night at The Bridge, Friday, January 11, 2013, 7:30 pm The Bridge, 3224 Rue Royale Apt 1, Saint Charles, MO
- Larry Gerst - Live at Padavan's NY, Friday, January 11, 2013, 8:00 pm Padavan's NY, 3249 Rue Royale FREE