Check out what's happening around town this weekend:
- Christmas Traditions: This annual festival runs every Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Wednesday, starting Nov. 23, through Dec. 24. It features a cast of more than 30 Christmas characters including a Victorian-era Santa and Tiny Tim from A Christmas Carol. See hours here.
- Augusta's 30th Annual Christmas Walk: Friday, Dec. 7 at 5 p.m. Experience an old-fashioned Christmas with horse drawn carriage rides, roasted chestnuts, caroling, games and more. Click here for more information.
- St. Charles Breakfast with Santa: Saturday, Dec. 8 at 9 a.m. at Lower Level 1 of Memorial Hall. Cost is $8 per person. Children ages 1-12 are invited to visit with Santa, eat breakfast, make crafts and take photos.
- Santa's North Pole Dash and 1-Mile Fun Walk: Saturday, Dec. 8 at 9 a.m. at 230 S Main St, St. Charles. Greater St. Charles County Chamber of Commerce announces they will be holding the 2nd annual Santa’s North Pole Dash & Children’s Snowman Shuffle in Historic St. Charles. The event is for individuals 12 years of age and older. The first 1,000 participants receive a drawstring Santa’s bag filled with a long-sleeved shirt like Santa’s Jacket, hat, beard andgloves they can wear during the race. No day of registration.
- : Saturday, Dec. 8 at 1 p.m. at Main Street Books, 307 S Main St, St. Charles. Main Street Books will feature three authors signing books. Customers may bring in a canned good to be donated to area food pantries and receive 20 percent off their entire purchase that day.
- 25th Annual Holiday Remembrance Program: Saturday, Dec. 8 at 1:30 p.m. at 3950 W Clay St., St. Charles. This program is designed to help families cope with the holiday season after their loved one has passed away. The event concludes with a Candle Lighting Tribute Ceremony and a reading of names. Refreshments will be served and guests receive a special Holiday Keepsake.
- Saint Charles Municipal Band Holiday Concert: 7 p.m. Dec. 6, J. Scheidegger Center. Municipal band will play traditional and contemporary holiday music. Jazz band performs at 8 p.m. with Christmas vocals and pop songs.
- Immanuel Boar’s Head Festival: December 6-9 at Immanuel Lutheran Church – 115 S. Sixth St. Celebrates Christ birth as in Medieval times, incorporating choirs, orchestra and pageantry. Call 636-946-2656 or visit www.immanuelstcharles.org for complimentary tickets.
- Christmas with the Celts: 7:30 p.m. Dec. 8, Family Arena. The Celts are an Irish born, American based band that performs hits by contemporary Celtic artists. Tickets start at $36.
Share your holiday photos on Patch and win a gift basket valued at $100. Learn more here.