Six area festivals leave you with a bevy of options for Labor Day weekend activities should you choose to stay in St. Louis.
- Big Muddy Blues Festival: Sept. 1 and 2, 1 p.m. to 11 p.m., event includes 30 bands and 20 hours of merchandise. General admission is $10 a day. Event takes place on Laclede's Landing in downtown St. Louis
- Japanese Festival at Missouri Botanical Garden: Sept. 1 and 2, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., Sept. 3, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Admission is $15, seniors $10, children 3-12 $5, garden members $5.
- Fall Art Fair at Queeny Park: Aug. 31, 6-9 p.m., Sept. 1, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Sept. 2, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Event includes more than 130 juried artists.
- Gateway Cup: Check out these four days of bike races in St. Louis neighborhoods. Head to Lafayette Friday Aug. 31 evening. Saturday, Sept. 1, head to Francis Park from 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Sunday, the Giro della Montagna takes place in front of St. Ambrose church from 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday, Sept. 3, see the Benton Park Classic from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Most days have recreational rides or kids races.
- St. Nicholas Greek Festival, Sept. 1-2, 11 a.m. to 9 p.m., Sept. 3, 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Live music, church tours, folk dancing, gift shop and more. Free parking at the BJC garage on Forest Park. Church is located at Forest Park at Kingshighway.
- Labor Day Parade, held in downtown St. Louis Sept. 3 at 9 a.m. The parade will go East on Olive and 15th to Tucker, South on Tucker to Market, West on Market to 15th.
Also, check out four fun events happening closer to home:
- Astronomy Viewing at Broemmelsiek Park: Join members of the Astronomical Society of Eastern Missouri to view the stars starting at dark at Broemmelsiek Park on Schwede Road off of Highway DD Friday night.
- Moonlit Bike Ride through Bangert Island: Join St. Charles County Parks Department on a moonlit night tour from 8:30-11 p.m. Aug. 31. Open to cyclists of all ages. Register by visiting www.stccparks.org or contact the Parks Department at 636.949.7535.
- : See Bobby Darin at 7:30 p.m. Aug. 31 at . Tickets are $20.
- Ben Bedford: Bedford will perform folk music at at 8 p.m. Aug. 31.