Support Dogs, Inc. recently received grants totally $68,512 that include:
- Psychiatric service dogs program grants from Boeing ($15,000); Amvets Post 48 Ladies Auxiliary ($800); American Legion Auxiliary ($461); anonymous donors ($490), and; Eagle Bank & Trust ($366).
· Service dogs program grant from Variety the Children's Charity of St. Louis ($7,000); Boeing St. Louis - Employees Community Fund ($5,000); Scottrade ($5,000), and; Sunnen Foundation ($5,000).
· Paws For Reading program grant from The American Kennel Club Museum of the Dog ($7,545); Edward Chase Garvey Memorial Foundation ($5,000); The Saigh Foundation, ($5,000); Vatterott Foundation ($2,000); St. Louis Cardinals’ Care ($1,000), and; Suburban Journals - Old News Boy Day ($500).
· TOUCH program grant from Herman T. & Phenie R. Pott Foundation ($5,000) and Fischer, Bauer, & Knirps ($1,500).
· General funding grant from Wells Fargo Foundation ($1,000); FHC Institutional Investments, ($500); Mary Noel George Charitable Fund ($250), and; McDowell Charitable Fund ($100).
Support Dogs, Inc. is a national non-for-profit organization that offers dignity, hope and independence by providing highly skilled service dogs to individuals with disabilities and uniquely trained dogs to serve the community. Founded in 1983, the organization provides many services including an Assistance Dog program which matches people with various disabilities with a canine partner, a pet visitation therapy dog program called TOUCH (Therapy of Unique Canine Helpers), and a Paws For Reading program that places dogs in classrooms. Support Dogs is a proud member of the United Way of Greater St. Louis.
For more information, call (314) 997-2325 or visit the organization’s web site at www.supportdogs.org.