St. Charles County Department of Community Health and the Environment regularly inspects food service establishments throughout St. Charles County, except for within limits of St. Peters.Businesses are inspected one to four times a year or after public complaints. "Lower-risk" places, like gas-stations that serve pre-packaged foods, are inspected less often than "higher-risk" places, like a restaurant, said Doug Bolnick, spokesman for the health department.
The establishments begin with a score of 100 and points are deducted based on the severity of problems observed. According to the department's website, a low score does not mean the restaurant was unsafe on the day of the inspection.
"A place could have just one deficiency that garners a relatively 'high' score out of 100, but that the problem is so critical, it forces immediate action – while another may have two or three non-critical deficiencies that would give that provider a lower total score," said Bolnick.
Below, find inspection scores of St. Charles food service establishments in June and July 2013. To look up other scores, visit the health department's Food Inspection page.
- China House of St. Charles, 1325 Bass Pro Drive, 96
- El Tio Pepe, 1459 Bass Pro Drive, 89
- Big Woody's BBQ, 1821 Zumbehl Road, 96
- Jack in the Box, 1992 Zumbehl Road, 93
- St. Louis Bread Co, 2078 Zumbehl Road, 98
- Jack in the Box, 1016 South Fifth Street, 96
- St. Charles Elk Lodge, 560 St. Peters Howell Road, 98
- Petro Mart, 1995, Highway 94 South, 93
- Fast Lane Muegge, 2301 Old Highway 94, 98
- The Bridge Market for Faith Community, 3224-1 Rue Royale, 100
- New Hibachi Grill and Buffet, 3801 Mexico Road, 90
- 88 China, 2649 Muegge Road, 96