St. Charles County Department of Community Health and the Environment regularly inspects food service establishments throughout St. Charles County, except for within limits of St. Peters.Businesses are inspected one to four times a year or after public complaints. "Lower-risk" places, like gas-stations that serve pre-packaged foods, are inspected less often than "higher-risk" places, like a restaurant, said Doug Bolnick, spokesman for the health department.
The establishments begin with a score of 100 and points are deducted based on the severity of problems observed. According to the department's website, a low score does not mean the restaurant was unsafe on the day of the inspection.
"A place could have just one deficiency that garners a relatively 'high' score out of 100, but that the problem is so critical, it forces immediate action – while another may have two or three non-critical deficiencies that would give that provider a lower total score," said Bolnick.
Below, find inspection scores of St. Charles food service establishments in May and June 2013. To look up other scores, visit the health department's Food Inspection page.
- Towne Place Suites St. Charles, 1800 Zumbehl Road, 100
- Mount Carmel Communities Nursing Home, 723 First Capitol Dr., 95
- St. Joseph Health Center, 300 First Capitol Dr., 100
- Little Guppy Child Development Center, 3151 Elm Point Ind. Drive, 100
- Blanchette Park Concession Stand, 1900 W Randolph Road, 96
- Memorial Hall Kitchens, 1900 W Randolph Rd, 96
- McNair Main Concession, 3230 Droste, 98
- Mueller Park Concession #2, 3801 Mueller, 96
- Mueller Park Concession #1, 3801 Mueller, 96
- Wapelhorst Park Concession Stand, 1874 Muegge Road, 96
- Pine Room Bar, 1102 Perry St., 96
- McNair Day Camp Concessions, 3236 Droste, 100