St. Charles County Department of Community Health and the Environment regularly inspects food service establishments throughout St. Charles County, except for within limits of St. Peters.Businesses are inspected one to four times a year or after public complaints. "Lower-risk" places, like gas-stations that serve pre-packaged foods, are inspected less often than "higher-risk" places, like a restaurant, said Doug Bolnick, spokesman for the health department.
The establishments begin with a score of 100 and points are deducted based on the severity of problems observed. According to the department's website, a low score does not mean the restaurant was unsafe on the day of the inspection.
"A place could have just one deficiency that garners a relatively 'high' score out of 100, but that the problem is so critical, it forces immediate action – while another may have two or three non-critical deficiencies that would give that provider a lower total score," said Bolnick.
Below, find inspection scores of St. Charles food service establishments in May and June 2013. To look up other scores, visit the health department's Food Inspection page.
- Fastlane Convenience Store #34994 Knaust, Cottleville 63304, 100
- Silkys Frozen Custard 3885 Mid Rivers Mall Dr., Cottleville, 63376, 100
- Vanbuskirk Artisanal 5326 Highway N Cottleville 63304, 94
- Tinder Box, 5286 Hwy N, Cottleville 63304, 98
- Mannino's Market 5205 Highway N Cottleville 63338, 98
- St. Charles Indoor Sports DBA1425 St. Peters Cottleville Rd. Cottleville 63376, 96
- Binford's Bar & Grill 3915 Mid Rivers Mall Dr., Cottleville 63376, 87
- Snowcaps 3917 Mid Rivers Mall Dr.C ottleville 63376, 95
- Papa John's Pizza, 3449 Pheasant Meadows, suite 102 Cottleville 63368, 100