We have a winner! captured the St. Charles County Patch Chowdown Showdown Best Soup title this week.
Our winner got nominated with two other readers seconding the nomination. Here are a few of the comments:
- Patch reader nominated the Baked Potato Soup at Magpie's on Main Street in St. Charles with seconds from ("Magpies on main street! Best potato soup ever!!") and ("i am with jane, no place better than magpie's baked potato soup")
- said, "Organic Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup served with pita chips from the 2nd Street Bike Stop Cafe in Frenchtown...my personal favorite!"
- said, "I like Denny's Vegetable Soup....When it's made thick it is very delicious!!!!!!!"
Magpie's ended up with 61% percent of the votes when the poll closed at 5 p.m. Thursday.
Here's how the other Chowdown Showdown finalists ranked:
- Mexican gumbo at Qdoba, 15%
- Organic Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup from the , 15%
- Vegetable beef soup at , 7%
- , which was nominated, did not receive any votes.
Check back on Monday for next week's Chowdown Showdown!