The 2012 Festival of the Little Hills features hundreds of crafters from across the country as well as many food booths serving up festival fare.
The food booths are run by nonprofit organziations, some of which use the Festival as a primary fundraiser for the year.
Check out this round up of interesting food offered this year.
Other Festival Stories:
- Fried Twinkies and Oreos: Get these from St. Paul United Church of Christ in Freeburg IL, at booths 1 and 2 or from Venture crew #2970 at booth #501-2
- Walking Tacos: These "walking tacos" typically have a bag of chips that's opened up and ground meat, cheese, tomatoes, lettuce and sour cream are piled on top. Grab a fork and you're ready to go. Get one from St. Peters Catholic Church in booth 241 or from Sun Rise Methodist Church in booth 2007.
- Gus's Pretzals: Moolah Shrine Unique Motor Unit will sell this St. Louis favorite.
- Italian Meatball Sandwich: Knights of Columbis #11382 will sell Italian meatball sandwiches and an Italian sausage sandwich.
- Fruit Kabobs and Watermelon Slices: Go the healthy route and swing by booth 702 where Ft. Zumwalt North Band and Color Guard will sell fruit.
- Conley's Bacon Rinds: Stop by to get bacon rinds and hard cracklins at booth 1064.
- Bourban Chicken on a Stick: Boone Trail Elementary PTA will sell bourban chicken on a stick, andoulle poor boys, chicken and sausage jambaleto, crawfish, and parmesan fries at booth 2036.
- Lobster Cakes: Holy Trinity Bulgarian Church will serve up gyros, lobster cakes and baklava, among other items, from booth 3009.