As we head into the weekend, here's a list of events going on in St. Charles County.
- Over the Top for Tots luncheon: Friday, Nov. 2 at 10:30 a.m. at The Columns Banquet Center, 711 Veterans Memorial Pky., St. Charles. Cost is $50. The 7th Annual Over the Top for Tots ladies’ luncheon is hosted by KMOV's Jasmine Huda and benefits Crisis Nursery St. Charles’ “Healing Hearts Program,” which provides art and play therapy for children who need help mending their broken spirits. The event includes lunch, designer cakes, a shopping boutique, table-top creations, a live auction and holiday raffle.
- Sweeney Todd The Demon Barber of Fleet Street: Friday, Nov. 2-3 at 8 p.m. and Nov. 4 at 2 p.m. at St. Peters Cultural Arts Centre, 1 Saint Peters Centre Blvd, St. Peters. Act Two Theatre presents this musical thriller set in London, telling the story of Benjamin Barker. Visit www.acttwotheatre.com for ticket information and seating chart. Tickets are $16 for Seniors and Students and $20 for Adults. Special pricing for groups of 12 or more!
- SCC’S Young People’s Theater 5K Fun Run: Saturday, Nov. 3 at 9 a.m. at St. Charles Community College, 4601 Mid Rivers Mall Dr., Cottleville. Young People’s Theater at St. Charles Community College will
host its first-ever Theater 5K Fun Run. The fun run will feature musical performances by YPT including the sights and sounds of famous Broadway musicals performed live during the run. For more information about the fun run, call 636-922-8233. For more information about YPT, visit www.stchas.edu/ypt.
- Prime Rib Dinner at Hope: Saturday, Nov. 3 at 5:30 p.m. at Hope Lutheran Church, 1975 S Old Highway 94, St. Charles. Cost $25/adult, $8 if under 12 years of age. Cocktails and appetizers start at 5:30 p.m. followed by dinner at 7 p.m. and entertainment from 8-9 p.m. Proceeds from this event benefit the Kids Against Hunger program at Hope Lutheran Church. This program packages food which is distributed from the House of Hope Orphanage (www.ahbz.org) in Port au Prince, Haiti.
- Meat Shoot: Sunday, Nov. 4 at 11 a.m. 66 Vfw Ln., St. Charles. The VFW hosts a meat shoot starting this weekend, until Sunday, Dec 23.
- St. Charles Elks Lodge 690 Third Annual Quarter Auction: Sunday, Nov. 4 at 2 p.m. at 560 Saint Peters Howell Rd., St. Charles. Get into the holiday shopping spirit and bring your quarters to enjoy an afternoon of fun and shopping! Contact Sherry Regot at 636-798-2148 or Connie Kreienheder at 314-660-3614.
- Traveling Civil War Exhibit Opening: Sunday, Nov. 4 at 3 p.m. at Lindenwood University, 209 S Kingshighway St., St. Charles. Lindenwood University’s Spellmann Center will house an exhibit by the Missouri State Archives commemorating the 150th anniversary of the Civil War. The kick-off event is free and open to the public.The exhibit will be on display through the end of the fall semester in mid-December. For more information, contact Lindenwood Archivist Paul Huffman at 636-949-4823.