Week in Review: Teacher Charged With Rape of Student, Akin in the Hot Seat and Sam's Club Hiring
We know you're busy, so here's a roundup of some of the recent stories featured on the four St. Charles County Patch sites — St. Charles Patch, St. Peters Patch, O'Fallon Patch and Wentzville Patch.
Too busy last week to stay up to date on all the news happening in and around St. Charles County? Not to worry. Patch has your back.
In case you missed them, here were some of the top headlines from the four St. Charles County Patch sites — St. Charles Patch, St. Peters Patch, O'Fallon Patch and Wentzville Patch — over the last few days:
- An instructional assistant at Timberland High School was charged with statutory rape of Timberland student.
- Rep. Todd Akin is on the hot seat over a "legitimate rape" comment he made in FOX2 News interview.
- A St. Peters man slammed his wife's face into a car during an argument.
- Another man from St. Peters threw down and dragged his girlfriend after she pounded his car with high heels.
- Thousands enjoyed mild temperatures at the Festival of the Little Hills.
- A couple drove a stolen truck from Wyoming to O'Fallon.
- The Lake Saint Louis water ski team won a national title.
- Police say a teen had 5-foot-tall marijuana plants growing in his room.
- The jury was picked for the murder trial of a former St. Peters resident.
- A new pub, Two Shamrocks Public House will open in O'Fallon soon.
- Wentzville Sam's Club continues to fill job openings in anticipation of its opening at the end of October.
- Democrat Tom Fann dropped out of the race for the House 106 seat.
- As part of a tour around Missouri to celebrate last week's primary victories, candidates for Missouri state offices congregated at the St. Charles County Republican Headquarters in St. Peters for rally fellow Republicans.
- Four women who cleaned airplanes at Lambert-St. Louis International Airport face criminal charges for iPad and iPod thefts from flights in 2011.
- Two St. Charles County smoking bans could be on the November ballot.
- An O'Fallon man was charged with sodomy and child molestation.
- Menards construction is underway in St. Peters.