Week in Review: Mobile Home Shooting, Moonshine Bar Coming and Heroin Sold to Undercover Cops
We know you're busy, so here's a roundup of some of the recent stories featured on the four St. Charles County Patch sites—St. Charles Patch, St. Peters Patch, O'Fallon Patch and Wentzville Patch.
Too busy last week to stay up to date on all the news happening in and around St. Charles County? Not to worry. Patch has your back.
In case you missed them, here were some of the top headlines from the four St. Charles County Patch sites — St. Charles Patch, St. Peters Patch, O'Fallon Patch and Wentzville Patch — over the last few days:
- An O’Fallon man fired four shots from a shotgun Sunday, and two of the shots hit a mobile home next to his. The mobile home had an infant sleeping in one of its rooms.
- A man faces drug charges after St. Charles County Drug Task Force detectives said he sold heroin to an undercover police officer in St. Peters. Police later found 67 doses of the drug in his car.
- The owners of Hendricks BBQ in St. Charles are hoping to open the Moonshine Blues Bar in 2013 complete with St. Charles-brewed moonshine.
- A homeless man who was staying in Wentzville has been arrested for robbing a Warrenton man who was trying to help him and then stealing a car.
- Construction crews have started work on a new span of the Daniel Boone Bridge that will eventually replace the narrow, 1935 westbound portion connecting Chesterfield and St. Charles County.
- Two young children were taken to St. Joseph Medical Center in Creve Coeur after the car they were riding in crashed along Interstate 70 in Lake Saint Louis early Monday morning.
- A corridor study recommends a path for future South Wentzville Parkway.
- A person threatened to use an assault rifle at a Bass Pro Shop.
- The St. Charles County Council approved purchase of the 250 Apple iPad poll books for $326,250.
- The number of students who come to school in the St. Charles School District and don't speak English is growing.
- Wentzville-native Montee Ball rushed for an even 100 yards and scored a touchdown, but it wasn't enough to overcome Stanford as the Wisconsin Badgers lost to Stanford in the Rose Bowl.
- A woman being treated at CentrePointe Hospital attacked a staff member Dec. 22, jumping on her and breaking her collarbone.
- St. Petes will add 60 new flashing yellow turn signals this spring.
- Thai Kitchen in O'Fallon is now open.
- $1,600 worth of gift cards and tools were taken from an unlocked car in St. Peters.
- O'Fallon Police are searching for a man who stole a cooler from B Hall's over the weekend.
- St. Peters resident Pamela Hoernschemeyer was sentenced on Dec. 27 on fraud charges.
- An O’Fallon man faces a criminal charge for choking his ex-girlfriend Wednesday at his home in the 8100 block of O’Fallon Lakes Drive.
- A pair of St. Louis County residents attempted to use an altered to shopping bag to bypass security to shoplift from Mid Rivers Mall in St. Peters.
- A new pavilion in St. Charles' Frontier Park is expected to open in January.