Week in Review: Barber Shop Shooting, 14 Named to School Task Force and Sex Trafficking
We know you're busy, so here's a roundup of some of the recent stories featured on the four St. Charles County Patch sites—St. Charles Patch, St. Peters Patch, O'Fallon Patch and Wentzville Patch.
Too busy last week to stay up to date on all the news happening in and around St. Charles County? Not to worry. Patch has your back.
In case you missed them, here were some of the top headlines from the four St. Charles County Patch sites — St. Charles Patch, St. Peters Patch, O'Fallon Patch and Wentzville Patch — over the last few days:
- A barber shop shooting showed up in Wentzville's police blotter.
- Patch counted down the top news stories from the past year in St. Charles County. Among those stories were chaos at the county caucus, a new police station and more.
- St. Charles Mayor Sally Faith appointed Rod Herrmann to fill the vacant Ward 8 city council seat on Thursday.
- St. Charles County Executive Steve Ehlmann recently named 14 people, including St. Peters Police Chief Tom Bishop to the St. Charles County School Task Force.
- Following the tragic school shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary in Newtown, CT, should we expect to see stricter laws regarding gun purchases in the United States?
- Patch recapped the most talked about stories of 2012, which included Gay Marriage, Gun Control, Birth Control, Food Trucks and More.
- Kimberly Ritter, of Nix Conference & Meeting Management, won the Director’s Community Leadership Award for her work in sex trafficking awareness.