Week in Review: Quad-Killer Convicted, Apartment Fire and New K-9 Officer
We know you're busy, so here's a roundup of some of the recent stories featured on the four St. Charles County Patch sites — St. Charles Patch, St. Peters Patch, O'Fallon Patch and Wentzville Patch.
Too busy last week to stay up to date on all the news happening in and around St. Charles County? Not to worry. Patch has your back.
In case you missed them, here were some of the top headlines from the four St. Charles County Patch sites — St. Charles Patch, St. Peters Patch, O'Fallon Patch and Wentzville Patch — over the last few days:
- A former St. Peters man convicted of killing his wife and three children.
- Fort Zumwalt officials increased security at camp after students were filmed undressing.
- The St. Charles County Council will keep its original ballot wording for a potential smoking ban.
- The St. Charles Police Department welcomed a new canine officer.
- An O'Fallon man was indicted on child molestation charges.
- The former Wentzville School District teachers aide who had a six-month sexual relationship with the student was indicted.
- An O'Fallon man was sentenced to six years in prison for for setting a fire that destroyed his home on in January 2012.
- The guitar that was reported stolen from rock legend Chuck Berry's Wentzville home was returned.
- A new family-owned pharmacy opened this month in O'Fallon. Powers Healthmart Pharmacy is located at 7776 Winghaven Blvd.
- WingHaven residents voiced concerns over a proposed Air Evac Lifeteam distribution center.
- A St. Charles man got life in prison for the 2007 murder of St. Peters man.
- Nearly 50 firefighters battled an apartment fire near the Zumbehl and I-70 intersection.
- A St. Peters man was accused of pointing a rifle at two women on Friday and threatening to shoot them.
- Cory Atkinson was sentenced to 40 months in prison and $4 million in restitution in the US Fidelis Tax Fraud Case.
- A driver pointed a loaded 9 mm handgun at another motorist Friday near the intersection of Kingshighway Street and First Capitol Drive.
- A St. Peters man was charged after robbing a Check-N-Go at gunpoint.
- In November, voters will decide on a bill that would change the county Sheriff's Department to a Police Department with an appointed police chief, but some deputies are speaking out against the measure.
- A $6 million Aquatic Center bid in Wentzville was awarded to local contractor Demien Construction.
- Maryland native Michael Walsh has visited the 50 states and captured photos of each state's Vietnam Veteran memorials. On Thursday, he visited O'Fallon.
- Two O'Fallon dentist offices teamed up to help local families in need.
- Doodlebug Toys closed in O'Fallon.
- Two St. Charles residents were seriously injured in a motorcycle accident along Hwy. 94.
- Golden Corral Buffet and Grill is now open in O'Fallon.
- Wentzville School District Technology Facilitator named spotlight educator.