Week in Review: Bridge Explosion, Marijuana Refund and Prisoner Escapes
We know you're busy, so here's a roundup of some of the recent stories featured on the four St. Charles County Patch sites — St. Charles Patch, St. Peters Patch, O'Fallon Patch and Wentzville Patch.
Too busy last week to stay up to date on all the news happening in and around St. Charles County? Not to worry. Patch has your back.
In case you missed them, here were some of the top headlines from the four St. Charles County Patch sites — St. Charles Patch, St. Peters Patch, O'Fallon Patch and Wentzville Patch — over the last few days:
- A prisoner in St. Peters municipal jail briefly escaped from the St. Peters jail Oct. 30 after pushing a corrections officer and grabbing his keys.
- A St. Peters man hit a woman twice in the face with a shoe Nov. 5 and threatened to beat the woman “up and down the street until she was black and blue."
- MoDOT held an open house Tuesday to unveil plans for the new Boone Bridge.
- Crews shut down the entire Blanchette Bridge in St. Charles for about an hour Sunday while a portion of the westbound span of the bridge was detonated.
- A man pushed his ex-girlfriend hard enough that her face broke a window, giving her multiple cuts, police said.
- A request by Wentzville Patch for a police report on a peace disturbance involving Wentzville Alderman Rick Stokes may have cost the city nearly $1,000 in attorney's fees.
- A St. Charles man, who suspected a marijuana buyer was an undercover officer, refunded the St. Charles County Drug Task Force detective his money.
- Festival-goers in St. Charles will have to leave their dogs at home or stay out of Frontier Park while there's a festival going on, the St. Charles City ruled.
- A fire truck crashed into a car head-on on Veterans Memorial in Lake Saint Louis.
- A Wentzville man's threat was overheard: 'You Better Dig Your (Expletive) Grave'. A St. Charles County deputy said he was present when the man called the woman's cell phone, violating the order of protection.
- A chemical spill on Monday at the St. Peters Dialysis Center forced an evacuation of the facility.
- A 24-year-old Wentzville-area man was charged Tuesday with the burglary of King Edward's Fried Chicken earlier this week.
- A St. Peters man assaulted another man in Wildwood by punching him numerous times, breaking an orbital bone in his eye socket.
- The new St. Charles County Police Department, similar to St. Louis County's, will be overseen by a new county police chief. Instead of voters choosing the new chief, the chief would be appointed.
- Garden Plaza Hotel in St. Peters(the former Holiday Inn) may soon have new owners after plans for a tax abatement were met with no resistance.
- The Wentzville Board of Aldermen tabled the first reading of a bill Wednesday night to voluntarily annex a 3-acre piece of farm property on Wentzville that could bring a CVS Pharmacy to the city.
- Construction is now complete on the entrance sign and landscaping project at the Highway K and Interstate 64 entrance in O'Fallon.