Man Indicted on 11 Sex Crime Charges
The four incidents date back to June 2011 and include some crimes in the city of St. Charles, police said.
A St. Peters man was indicted by a St. Charles County grand jury Friday on 11 counts of sex crimes, including forcible rape and child molestation.
Jason W. Champion, 22, of the first block of Churchill Downs Drive in St. Peters, faces the following charges:
- Two counts of forcible rape, sexual intercourse by force
- Two counts of sexual assault
- Two counts of second-degree statutory rape
- Two counts of second-degree statutory sodomy
- Two counts of second-degree child molestation
- Forcible sodomy
The charges stem from incidents on four dates: June 4, 2011; June 24, 2011; May 21 and June 17.
Champion is being held in St. Charles County Corrections in lieu of a $100,000, cash-only bond. His request for a bond reduction was denied July 25.
For more crime information on St. Charles Patch, see the following articles:
- Man Charged with Statutory Rape in Ameristar Parking Lot
- Tee Kay Babysitters Charged with Molesting Children
- Ex-Foster Parent in St. Charles County Charged with Child Abuse