St. Charles Races and Athletic Events in 2012
Check out this round up of local races for 2012.
2012 Athletic Events in St. Charles
- Adam Morgan Fun Run: 7-9:30 p.m. April 28, Frontier Park. The Third Annual Fun Run costs $25 for the 10k, $20 for the 5k, and $20 for the 1.5 mile run. Race day registration is available for $25. Event includes post run food and beverages.
- Bridgeway R.U.S.H. 5K Run and Family Fun Walk: 9 a.m. May 5, Frontier Park. The Sparrow's Nest Maternity Home and Bridgeway Behavioral Health are sponsoring a run/walk uniting and strengthening homes on the Katy Trail. Big River Running will time runners. Entry fee is $45 and includes registration, tshirt and goody bag.
- King Orthopedic/Big Shark Open Water Swim Series:8 a.m. to 10 a.m. May 5, 12, 19 and 26, June 2 and 9, New Town Lake. Train for the triathlon on the exact swim course. The .62 mile swim has buoys for sighting. Cost per session is $10 and covers insurance, life guards, clinic and set up.
- Turtle Trot 5k: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., May 12, Ed Bales Park in Point DuSable Park. A 5k run starts at 10 a.m. and the 5k fun walk starts at 10:15 a.m. Proceeds benefit Re-Member, a nonprofit organization that works with the Oglala Lakota living on Pine Ridge Indian Reservation in South Dakota.
- Karen 4 A Kause:9:30 a.m. May 12, Frontier Park. A 5k Run Walk and Children's Dash will raise money to support breast cancer patients. Early registration is $20 before April 20.
- Miles against Melanoma 6.2K: 6 p.m. June 2, New Town. The Second Annual 6.2 run walk and kid's marathon will raise awareness and money for melanoma research. Cost is $20.
- Hope for Haiti 5k Run: 8 a.m. July 7, Frontier Park. The 5k run will start at 8 a.m., with the 1 mile fun run starting at 8:30 a.m. Cost is $25 before May 1, $30 before July 1 and $35 from July 1 to the day of the event. Proceeds benefit a medical clinic in Port-Au-Prince Haiti.
- King Orthopedic Big Shark Triathlon New Town: July 14-15, New Town St. Charles. Participate in a kids triathlon or an adult triathlon. The adult race includes a .62 mile swim/20 Mile Bike Ride/3 mile run. Cost is $80 for individuals or $100 for teams.
- Missouri American Water MR340 Kayak Race: July 31-Aug. 3, Kansas City to St. Charles on the Missouri River.
- Race for the Rivers and Clean Water Challenge: Aug. 25-26, Washington, MO to Frontier Park. Race 65, 40 or 20 miles down the Missouri River. Cost ranges from $40 to $120. Festival will be held in Frontier Park Saturday afternoon.
- Walt Fili Pancreatic Cancer Research Walk: 9 a.m. Sept. 8, Frontier Park. This 4-mile walk is along the Katy Trail. Minimum pledge of $50 is required. Participants are invited to bring a photo of a loved one to put on the memory board.
- Trails for Tails: 8:30 a.m. Sept. 9, Frontier Park. This 5k Run benefits Five Acres Animal Shelter.
- Liberty Classical School Bike-a-thon: Sept. 15, DuSable Park. Benefits Liberty Classical School.
- We Love St. Charles 5k: 9 a.m. Sept. 29, DuSable Park. Proceeds benefit We Love St. Charles, an organization that gives back to the St. Charles Community.
- MO' Cowbell Half Marathon: 7 a.m. Oct. 7, from Frontier Park to New Town St. Charles. Participate in the half marathon or the 5k race. Registration is $50 before April 30 for the half, $65 May 1-July 31 and $75 from Aug. 11 to race day. Cost for 5k race is $30 before April 1, $35 May 1-July 31 and $40 from Aug. 1 on.
- Rendezvous Ramble Bike Ride: 2 p.m. Oct. 14, in Frontier Park. Rendezvous Ramble is an annual family bike ride sponsored by the South Main Preservation Society.
- St. Charles Chamber 5K Santa Run Dec. 8, Main Street St. Charles