St. Charles Boy is Finalist in Patch's Little Pumpkin Costume Challenge
Spencer Kaiser chosen as having one of the top 10 best costumes out of 2,700 entries.
More than 2,700 photos were submitted to Patch's Little Pumpkin Costume Contest in October from the 850 Patch sites across the country.
The photos were narrowed to the top 10, each of whom won $1,031 to donate to their favorite charity.
Tim Kaiser, of New Town St. Charles, submitted a photo of his son, Spencer Kaiser, 10, dressed as a tall guy. That costume was chosen as one of the top 10.
Spencer loves to make costumes with him, Tim said.
"We designed this 10-foot-tall giant puppet costume out of paper mache and white trash bags," he said in a comment under the photo. "I think we spent about 5 dollars total, and a bunch of hours, proving that you don't have to spend alot of money to have alot of fun!"
"The picture was taken after I asked him, 'How big a fish did you catch?'" Tim wrote.
Tim selected Autism Speaks as his charity, and $1,031 will be donated in his name. The mission at Autism Speaks is to "change the future for all who struggle with autism spectrum disorders."
Earlier this week, Heidi Klum selected Jack Hagan, of Wyckhoff, New Jersey, and his "Headless Boy" costume as the Grand Prize winner.
Hagan won a trip to New York or Los Angeles for a three-day, two-night trip for two that includes a meet and greet with Heidi, plus a donation of $1,031 to a local charity of the winner's choice. Full contest rules are here.
Check out photos of the other finalists:
- Fort Stewart Patch My Little Mermaid
- Acworth Patch Felicity Schartok, 8, Little Red Riding Hood
- Wyckoff Patch Headless Boy Jack Hagan
- Ridgefield Patch Claire Tannian (9 years)—Albert Einstein
- Danvers Patch Saoirse Fitzgerald—Uncle Fester
- Windham Patch Alex H. Lertpatthanakul -- Transformer
- Kirkland Patch. Ewok Kids: Sisters C and G Kolesar
- Redondo Beach Patch Homemade Snail Costume
- St. Charles Patch 10 Foot Tall Guy Costume
- Darien, IL Patch KISS Kids