10 Things to do in St. Charles: 5k Run, Women's Retreat, Car Cruise
Each week, St. Charles Patch features a planner with weekend events in and around St. Charles County.
As we head into the weekend, St. Charles Patch rounds up a list of events going on in St. Charles County.
- When/Where? Friday, May 11, 2012, 8:00 am SSM St. Joseph Health Center, 300 1st Capitol Dr, Saint Charles, MO
- What? Join SSM Heart Institute for a full heart health screening. Receive your LDL cholesterol and triglycerides, HDL cholesterol, total cholesterol, cholesterol ratio, blood glucose, body fat analysis and blood pressure – all for just $20. You may even qualify for a free screening by completing SSM Heart Institute’s online heart disease risk assessment. Learn more online at ssmhealth.com/heart.
- When/Where? Friday, May 11 at 4:05 p.m. at _T.R. Hughes Ballpark_, in O'Fallon.
- What? You can come out and watch your local team as they kick off the first weekend of the season.
- When/Where? Saturday, May 12, 2012, 8:30 am-12:30 p.m. St. Joseph Health Center
- What? Min Pan, MD, neurologist at St. Joseph Health Center, and Thomas A. (TJ) Schneider II, vascular surgeon with the St. Joseph Health Center Vascular Institute, will help uncover your risks for stroke and explain how strokes occur and are treated. Plus, find out how changes to your diet and lifestyle can lower your risk for stroke. The screening includes: blood pressure, carotid ultrasound (non-invasive test of blood flow in the neck arteries), cholesterol (total, HDL, LDL and triglycerides – fasting preferred), blood sugar (glucose), and consultation with a nurse specialist.
- When/Where? Saturday, May 12 at 9:30 a.m. at Frontier Park
- What? A 5k Run, Walk and Children's Dash will raise money to support breast cancer patients.
- When/Where? Saturday, May 12 at 10 a.m. at Ed Bales Park Area, 2598 N Main St, St. Charles.
- What? The run begins at 10 a.m. and the walk starts at 10:15 a.m. Participants will follow the hiking/biking trail between the Katy Trail and Missouri River. Prizes are awarded to first place and the highest two pledge collectors. Proceeds are donated to improve living conditions on Pine Ridge Indian Reservation in South Dakota. Cost is $25.
- When/Where? Saturday, May 12, 2012, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Schnucks, 1950 Zumbehl Rd, Saint Charles, MO
- What? The Shower of Love is a St. Charles Countywide collection drive for baby-care items that benefits moms and babies at Birthright-St. Charles, Crisis Nursery, Mary Queen of Angels, Nurses for Newborns, Our Lady's Inn, ThriVe St. Louis and Youth in Need. Shop for items and drop them off outside of Schnucks.
- When/Where? 10 am. to 2 p.m. May 12, Trinity Episcopal Church 318 S Duchesne Dr, Saint Charles, MO 63301
- What?"The Beauty of Wisdom" Living the Fulfilled Life, a retreat for women, led by Rev. Renita Lamkin, St. John AME Church. Cost is $5.00, which includes lunch.
- When/Where? Saturday, May 12, 2012, 10:00 am St. Charles Convention Center, 1 Convention Center Plz, Saint Charles, MO
- What? This seminar will cover topics such as how to evaluate the pros and cons of purchasing a new or used car, determine how much you can afford and understand how your credit score affects the interest rate. The speaker will also discuss the advantages of whether to lease or buy your car, how to negotiate the best car price and research payment options. To reserve a space, visit www.TheBetterWaytoBank.org, call 636-916-8335 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Complimentary refreshments will be served.
- When/Where? May 12, 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. in the 200 block of North Main Street.
- What? Listen to musicians perform while in period dress.