Police Reports: Former Employee Assaults Store Clerk
St. Charles Police reports, Jan. 22 to 24.
St. Charles Police Department provides police reports from the past week. A charge does not indicate a conviction.
A former employee apparently assaulted a 29-year-old store clerk of a business on South Fifth Street around 9:30 a.m. Jan. 24 and broke a glass case.
- Stealing from a business in the 1900 block of Zumbehl between Jan. 19 and 22 was reported.
- An exterior air conditioning unit was taken from an apartment building on Ithaca Circle between Jan. 1 and 22.
- Rear license plates were stolen from a home in the 2100 block of South Old Highway 94 in St. Charles between midnight Jan. 16 and midnight Jan. 17.
- A 71-year-old woman reported her daughter stole her prescription medicine from a home on Santa Cruz Street around 9 p.m. Jan. 23.
- A 66-year-old man reproted his credit card was used for a $1,500 online purchase at Staples.com on Jan. 24.
- A bottle of liquor was stolen from Mid-Towne IGA around 1:50 p.m. Jan. 24.
- A car drove off after stealing $48 in unleaded fuel from a gas station on Elm Street.
Interfering with Law Enforcement Officers
- Police arrested someone for refusing to identify himself when requested by an officer. This incident happened at Regency Parkway around 7 p.m. Jan. 23.
- A student at St. Charles High School punched another in the face after the two exchanged words on Jan. 24 around 12:30 p.m.
- An unknown vehicle drove through a front yard in the 3300 block of Cottonwood Drive between 10 p.m. Jan. 23 and 6 a.m. Jan. 24.