Get Out: Fall Hayrides Beckon
Check out this list of things to do in St. Charles this weekend.
Check out Patch's round-up of events going on in and around St. Charles this weekend.
- When/Where? Friday, Sept. 30, at St. Charles Community College, 4601 Mid Rivers Mall Dr, in the auditorium of the Daniel J. Conoyer Social Sciences Building on the college’s campus in Cottleville.
- What? St. Charles Community College (SCC) presents its own “American Idol,” competition featuring the talents of SCC students. First place winner will receive a $500 tuition grant from the SCC Foundation. Admission is $5.
- When/Where? Oct. 1, 9:30 a.m. The Columns Banquet Center, 711 Veterans Memorial Pky, Saint Charles, MO.
- What? A panel of experts will discuss how prevention starts with you. Topics include: Preventive screenings -- what and when; reducing stress in your life; eating for the health of it; and ask the experts Q & A session. There also will be cooking demonstrations, vendor booths, door and raffle prizes and a gourmet breakfast. The event is free, but space is limited. Please call 1-866-SSM-DOCS to register.
- When/Where? Saturday, Oct. 1 at Westhoff Park in O’Fallon at 3 p.m.
- What? Celebrate the grand opening of O'Fallon's all-inclusive playground with a ceremony offering refreshments, characters to entertain the kids, a band and the music of students from J.L. Mudd Elementary School and Westhoff Elementary School.
- When/Where? Saturday, Oct. 1 at Broemmelsiek Park, 1615 Schwede Rd, Wentzville.
- What? Reserve spots for an old-fashioned hayride from 5-8 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays now through Nov. 20. Rides cost $125 a wagon, with a maximum of 20 people per wagon.
- When/Where? Saturday, Oct. 1 at St. Peters City Hall, 1 St. Peters Centre Blvd. from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- What? This free event offers St. Charles County seniors and their family members the opportunity to hear speakers on veterans’ and Medicare benefits, Mid-East Area Agency on Aging services and more. The fair also includes health screenings, fitness programs, flu and pneumonia shots, raffles and snacks.
- When/Where? Saturday, Oct. 1 at Frontier Park, 500 S Riverside Dr, St. Charles at 9 a.m. On-site registration is $35 and children under 12 are free. All participants receive a T-shirt.
- What? The SSM Weight-Loss Institute teams up with the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Foundation to fight obesity. Registration begins at 7:30 a.m.
- When/Where? Saturday, Oct. 1 at St. John United Church of Christ from 7-10 p.m.
- What? St. John U.C.C. Mission and Outreach is sponsoring a benefit concert for O.A.S.I.S. Food Pantry. The show features Solar Power, a local four-piece group that performs a mix of their own jazz/rock songs along with popular hits. Tickets are $15 and include appetizers and a cash donation beverage bar.