Five Things to do in St. Charles This Weekend
Check out this round up of events happening in St. Charles.
As we head into the weekend, St. Charles Patch rounds up a list of events going on in St. Charles County.
- When/Where? Saturday, may 5 at 8 a.m. at the St. Charles County Family Arena, 2002 Arena Parkway in St. Charles.
- What? More than 300 people will sell their trinkets as 92.3 WIL host Cornbread teams up with MERS Goodwill and Thomas True Home value for the "world's largest garage sale" from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday. Cost is $5. Children ages 12 and under are free of charge.
- When/Where? Saturday, May 5 at 9 a.m. at Frontier Park, 500 S Riverside Dr. in St. Charles.
- What? The Sparrow's Nest Maternity Home and Bridgeway Behavioral Health sponsors this run/walk on the Katy Trail. Experienced and non-experienced runners are welcome for some friendly competition or just a walk for fun. There is also a Kid's One Mile Fun Run and a 100 Yard Dash. Cost is $30 for individuals or $70 for for a family of four, plus $7 for each additional person. Entry fee includes a T-shirt and goody bag. Register online.
- When/Where? Sunday, May 6 at 3 p.m. at First United Methodist Church, 801 1st Capitol Dr., St. Charles.
- What? The church presents its final performance in the Crescendo Concert Series, presented by local musicians: Sarah Price, Nora Teipen, Jon Garrett, Jeffrey Heyl and Nancy Mayo. Pre-concert talk by musicologist Nancy Rubenstein, Ph.D. is at 2:30 pm. Tickets may be purchased at the door.
- When/Where? Sunday, May 6, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., St. Charles Community College
- What? Listen to jazz, try delicious treats and wines. Enjoy entertainment from stilt walkers, artists, hoola hoopers. Visit fun vendors from across the area and pick out a mother's day gift.
Tom Nugent Performs
- When/Where? 8 p.m., May 6, Picasso's Coffee House
- What? Tom Nugent Performs Acoustic Classics.