Book Fairs, Book Clubs and Meet the Author Events
Check out several upcoming opportunities to buy books and meet authors.
Meet the Author Events
- Postcard Series Book "St. Charles." Meet the author Valerie Battle Kienzle from 7 to 8:30 p.m. Jan. 23 at Kathryn Linnemann Library or from 7 to 8:30 p.m. Jan. 24 at McClay Library. The book shows how the city developed into what it is today through pictures of people, places and things.
- "The Fifties Chix: Third Time's A Charm" Meet the author, Angela Sage Larson, of this tween series of books from 1 to 3 p.m. Jan. 26 at Main Street Books. Three generations of friends time travel from the 1940s to the 1860s.
- The Friends of the Library will host a Cabin Fever Book Fair from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Jan. 25 and 26 and Feb. 1 and 2. The first event features adult books, the second, children and teens books. Admission is free. The event will be at VFW Post 5077, 8500 Veteran's Memorial Parkway, O'Fallon, MO 63366.
- St. Charles Community College will host a Book Club for students, faculty and staff on Jan. 30. The kick off meeting includes a book swap and introduction to the February book selection, "Salvage the Bones" by Jesmyn Ward. The book club will meet at the Student Center private dining room at noon Jan. 30 and Feb. 27. For more info, head here.
- Foundry Art Centre Book Club meets Feb. 21 with social meeting at 6:30 p.m. and book discussion running from 7 to 8:30 p.m. This month they'll be discussing "Mennonite in a Little Black Dress" by Rhoda Janzen.
- Main Street Books has several book clubs including a first Monday book club, which will meet next on Feb. 4. This book club is reading "Night Circus" by Erin Morgenstern. The third Monday book club is reading "Iron Lace" by Emilie Richards and will meet next on Feb. 18.