And the Best Soup in the County Is . . .
Magpie's Baked Potato Soup wins our Chowdown Showdown this week.
We have a winner! Magpie's Baked Potato Soup captured the St. Charles County Patch Chowdown Showdown Best Soup title this week.
Our winner got nominated with two other readers seconding the nomination. Here are a few of the comments:
- Patch reader Jane nominated the Baked Potato Soup at Magpie's on Main Street in St. Charles with seconds from Sarah ("Magpies on main street! Best potato soup ever!!") and sharon m. litzinger ("i am with jane, no place better than magpie's baked potato soup")
- Lisa Aydt said, "Organic Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup served with pita chips from the 2nd Street Bike Stop Cafe in Frenchtown...my personal favorite!"
- Lorna wood said, "I like Denny's Vegetable Soup....When it's made thick it is very delicious!!!!!!!"
Magpie's ended up with 61% percent of the votes when the poll closed at 5 p.m. Thursday.
Here's how the other Chowdown Showdown finalists ranked:
- Mexican gumbo at Qdoba, 15%
- Organic Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup from the 2nd Street Bike Stop Cafe, 15%
- Vegetable beef soup at Gingham's, 7%
- Denny's, which was nominated, did not receive any votes.
Check back on Monday for next week's Chowdown Showdown!