We have a winner!
The best salad in St. Charles County is the steak and avacado salad at Blue Sky Cafe in Winghaven.
Patch readers had a lot to say about salads. Here are a few of their comments:
- Heidi L. said "Blue Sky Cafe in Winghaven Steak tip and Avocado Salad is the best."
- Denise said that "2nd Street Bike Stop & Cafe's Mojo Salad is hands down THE best organic salad in St. Charles. The North Woods Salad with fresh strawberries and blue berries is sweet change, too."
Blue Sky Cafe ended up with 37 percent of the votes when the poll closed Thursday at 5 p.m.
Here's how the other Chowdown Showdown finalists ranked:
- Combination salad at Madison's Cafe — 24 percent
- Chicken Spedini salad at Rizzo's — 17 percent
- Caesar salad at Pasta House — 10 percent
- Spinach, apple, chicken, blue cheese, cranberry and pecan at O'Charley's — 6 percent
- Spinach and grilled shrimp at Applebee's — 3 percent
Check back on Monday for next week's Chowdown Showdown!