For many families, Thanksgiving Day means getting up before sunrise to put in the turkey and start making the trimmings.
Still, others prefer to avoid the cleanup and eat out instead. If you’re not in the mood to turn on the oven this year, there are restaurants in and around St. Charles serving up Thanksgiving.
Beef Eaters Restaurant in St. Charles
- Thanksgiving buffet from 11 a.m. until 3 p.m.
- The cost for adults is $22.95
- Kids 6 to 10 can eat for $9.95.
Andrew's French Quarter in Crystal City
- Thanksgiving buffet from noon to 4 p.m.
- Adults can eat for $24.95
- Kids 6 to 10 eat for $12.95
- For Thanksgiving dinner in the restaurant, Cracker Barrel will serve turkey and ham entrees with sweet potato casserole and choice of one additional vegetable. You’ll also get a beverage and dessert.
- Cracker Barrel’s Thanksgiving dinner will run from 11:00 am to 10:00 pm
- Adults will pay $8.99
- Kids’ meals will cost $4.49
Cracker Barrel is also offering Thanksgiving Dinner To-Go for $49.99.
- It includes a turkey with dressing, gravy, baked ham, choice of three vegetables, cranberry relish and made-from-scratch biscuits, corn muffins or a loaf of sourdough bread.
- To order be sure to call at least 24 hours in advance
- Available from Nov. 19 to Nov. 27 with 24-hour notice
Grappa Grill in St. Charles
- Thanksgiving buffet from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Adults pay $17 for the buffet
- Kids’ meals will cost $7
Memory Lane Cafe in Portage des Sioux
- Thanksgiving buffet from noon to 7 p.m.
- Cost is $15 per person.
Tony’s On Main Street in St. Charles
- Thanksgiving Buffet from noon to 5 p.m.
- The buffet will feature turkey, dressing and all the fixings, along with a salad bar and desserts
- Adults pay $17.99
- Meals for kids 6 to 12 cost $10.99
Four of the restaurants located inside of the Ameristar Casino in St. Charles will be open on Thanksgiving day.
- If you’re looking for a laid-back environment, try Falcon Diner & The Bakery, which will be open from 6:00 am to 6:00 pm, or Landmark Buffet, which will be open between 10 a.m. and 9 p.m.
- For something a little more formal, try Bugatti’s Steak & Pasta, open from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Sports fans might prefer to go to Amerisports Bar & Grill between 4 p.m. and midnight.