9 Things to Do in St. Charles County This Weekend
Patch rounds up a list of events going on in St. Charles County the weekend of Aug. 24-26.
As we head into the weekend, Patch rounds up a list of events going on in St. Charles County.
- When/Where? Friday, Aug. 24 at 6 p.m. at Deer Run Branch, 1300 N Main St, O Fallon.
- What? Teens are invited to come watch the movie with friends, while enjoying free popcorn. Click here to register.
- When/Where? Friday, Aug. 24 from 7-8:30 p.m. at Spencer Road Library Branch, 427 Spencer Rd Saint Peters.
- What? Meet authors Deborah Hopkinson and John Hendrix. This event is recommended for ages 5 and up. Books will be sold and autographed. Read St. Louis is a metro area library reading initiative bringing communities of readers together.
- When/Where? Friday, Aug. 24-Sunday, Aug. 26 at Bicentennial Park, 22 W Pearce Blvd, Wentzville.
- What? This family festival features live music, street performances, demonstrations, carnival rides, games, food and arts and craft booths. food booths and much much more. Wabash Days is a celebration of the town's history and railroad heritage. The event is free. Click here for more information about the event schedule.
- When/Where? _Saturday, Aug. 25 from 11 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. at _Mount Pleasant Winery, 5634 High St. Augusta.
- What? Bring your dog out to mingle with other pet lovers while enjoying wine. If you don't have a dog, If you don’t have a dog or are looking for an additional companion, pet adoption agencies will be on site with puppies.
- When/Where? Friday, Aug. 24 and Saturday, Aug. 25 at 6 p.m. at Ameristar Casino, 1 Ameristar Blvd, St. Charles.
- What? This event hosted by StreetScape Magazine offers four nights of fashion, food and fun. Each night features a different fashion theme. Proceeds benefit local charities. Cost is $25 per person.
- When/Where? Friday, Aug. 25 and Saturday, Aug. 26 at 9 a.m. at Frontier Park, 500 S Riverside Dr., St. Charles.
- What? Paddlers have their choice of three canoe and kayaking races. This event begins in Weldon Spring and concludes in historic Saint Charles at the Race for the Rivers Festival in Frontier Park. The festival offers food, music and information about encouraging healthy rivers.
- When/Where? Saturday, Aug. 25 at 6 p.m. at The Columns Banquet Center, 711 Veterans Memorial Pky, St. Charles.
- What? This event kicks off with cocktails and a silent auction at 6 p.m., followed by dinner at 7 p.m. The auction begins at 8 p.m. A student parent and an alum from United Services are guest speakers. Cost is $100 per person. For more information or to purchase tickets please contact Melanie Wetter at email@example.com or 636-926-2700.
- When/Where? Saturday, Aug. 25 at 8 a.m. at Botz, Deal & Company, 4 E Pearce Blvd, Wentzville.
- What? This run raises money to benefit Wentzville Parks. Kids, dogs and strollers are welcome.Medals are awarded for men's and women's top three overall and first in eight age divisions. Participants can also enjoy the beer garden.
- When/Where? Sunday, Aug. 26 at noon at 600 Breeze Park Dr, Weldon Spring.
- What? Breeze Park St. Charles Senior Living Center raises money with this barbecue to help support seniors who have outlived their ability to pay for needed services. Cost is $15. Guests can enjoy a bounce house, face painting, raffles, games and more.