10 Things to Do in St. Charles This Weekend
See an art show, learn to dance or hear some live music.
Attend An Art Show:
- When/Where? Friday, Jan. 13 at 6 p.m. at the Foundry Art Centre, 520 N Main Ctr. in St. Charles.
- What? The Foundry Art Centre presents this exhibition with a free opening reception on Friday from 6-8 p.m. Complimentary refreshments will be served and the show’s award winners will be announced. The show features hand-pulled prints and celebrates the traditional methods and hard work that create handmade prints in an age of high-speed solutions. The show’s juror is Tom Huck, well-known St. Louis printmaker and owner of Evil Prints. “Dirty Fingernails” will run until Feb. 24.
- Framations, 218 N Main St, Saint Charles, MO
- What?Beyond the Lens VI is a juried photography exhibition at Framations in St. Charles. The opening reception for the show is Jan. 13 from 6 to 8 p.m. and awards will be presented at 7 p.m. Stop by anytime until Feb. 16 and vote for the people's choice award winner.
See A Show:
- When/Where? Friday, Jan. 13 at 6 p.m. at Kathryn Linnemann Library, 2323 Elm St. in St. Charles.
- What? Enjoy free snacks while watching the movie "Thor," a story about the powerful but arrogant warrior who is cast out of Asgard and sent to live among humans on Earth. Free snacks and bottled water served.The movie is rated PG13. Teens under 16 must be signed in and out by a parent. Attendees must be between ages 11 and 17.
- When/Where? Friday, Jan. 13 and Saturday, Jan 14, 7 p.m. First United Methodist Church, 801 1st Capitol Dr, Saint Charles, MO
- What? FUMY theater presents "Identity" a six-scene play that will entertain and provoke you to thought. The money raised through this endeavor will help fund youth mission trips.
- When/Where? Saturday, Jan. 14 at 1 p.m. at St. Charles Community College, 4601 Mid Rivers Mall Dr. in Cottleville.
- What? Center Stage Theatre invites SCC students and community residents to audition at 1 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 14, and 7 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 17, in Room 108 of the Donald D. There are parts for six men and six women. There are no children roles. The auditions will consist of cold readings from the script, which is on reserve in the SCC library. One-minute comedic monologues are strongly encouraged, but not required. For more information call 636-922-8255 or email Pam Cilek at email@example.com.
Listen to Live Music
- When/Where? Saturday, January 14, 9 p.m. Padavan's NY, 3249 Rue Royale, Saint Charles, MO
- What? Mike Apirion offers musical talents.
- When/Where? Saturday, January 14, 8 p.m. Picasso's Coffee House, 101 N Main St, Saint Charles, MO
- What? Folk singer Ben Bedford performs.
- When/Where? Friday, January 13, 8 pm,Picasso's Coffee House, 101 N Main St, Saint Charles, MO
- What? Listen to a trio including Chris Griffith perform acoustic songs.
Learn to Dance
- When/Where? Saturday, January 14, 8 p.m., Connections to Success, 1701 N 2nd St, Saint Charles, MO,
- What? Set dancing is a form of social dancing which has been popular in Ireland for over 150 years. Sets are danced by four couples in a square. Beginners are quite welcome. All dances are being taught. For some more info about set dancing and our schedule as well as some videos of what set dancing looks like you can go to http://setdancingstlouis.com
Plan a Wedding
- When/Where? Sunday, January 15, 12-4 p.m., St. Charles Convention Center, 1 Convention Center Plz, Saint Charles, MO, $5
- What? St. Louis Best Bridal will host a bridal show at St. Charles Convention Center from noon to 4 p.m. Jan. 15. Cost to attend is $5.
Wedding experts will be available to answer questions. Funjet vacations will be available to win. Stay for the fashion show.