10 Things to Do in St. Charles County This Weekend
Patch rounds up a list of events going on in St. Charles County the weekend of Aug. 24-26.
As we head into the weekend, Patch rounds up a list of events going on in St. Charles County.
- When/Where? Friday, Aug. 31 at 7:05 p.m. at T.R. Hughes Ballpark, 900 T R Hughes Blvd, O Fallon,
- What? River City Rascals and Signature Medical Group teamed up with the Gateway Tigers Chapter of the Mizzou Alumni Association to bring a Mizzou Pep Rally to T.R. Hughes Ballpark. Several former Missouri athletes will sign autographs autographsand take pictures. For tickets and more information contact Jeremy Cowen at 636.240.2287 extension 228, or you may purchase your tickets online at www.rivercityrascals.com by using the promo code MIZSEC.
- When/Where? Friday, Aug. 31 at Broemmelsiek Park on Schwede Road off of Highway DD.
- What? Join members of the Astronomical Society of Eastern Missouri to view the stars starting at dark
- When/Where? Friday, Aug. 31, from 8:30-11 p.m. at Louis H. Bangert Memorial Wildlife Area, entrance on Old South River Road off of Fifth Street in St. Charles.
- What? Join St. Charles County Parks Department on a moonlit night tour open to cyclists of all ages. _Register online _or contact the Parks Department at 636-949-7535.
- When/Where? Fri_day, Aug. 31 at 7:30 p.m. at the Foundry Art Centre, 520 N Main Ctr, St. Charles.
- What? Robert Shaw and the Stardusters Jazz Orchestra honor the music of Bobby Darin with tunes like “Beyond the Sea,” Mack the Knife,” and other Darin classics.
- When/Where? Friday, Aug. 31 at 7:30 p.m. at The Bridge, 3224 Rue Royale Apt 1, St. Charles.
- What? Hear local artists, drink coffee and browse afair trade market located in New Town at St. Charles.
- When/Where? Friday, Aug. 31 at 7-9 p.m. at _Progress Park Gym_, 968 Meyer Rd., Wentzville.
- What? Local kids are welcometo enjoy playing games with friends. Games include basketball, volleyball, hula-hoop contest, four square, and DDR (Dance, Dance, Revolution). The gym is closed to the public and participants will not be able to leave once they enter. Participants will be supervised by Wentzville police and park staff._Pre-registration is required. Click here for more information. _
- When/Where? Saturday, Sept. 1, all day at _North County Branch_, 1825 Commonfield Rd., Portage des Sioux.
- What? Starting on Saturday, kids ages 2-16 have until Sept. 30 to guess how many pencils are in the jar at the library. If you guess right, you could win a pack of pencils, paperback book and more.
- When/Where? Saturday, Sept. 1, all day at Kisker Road Branch Library, 1000 Kisker Rd., St. Charles.
- What? See drawings by ocal artist, David Stout, during the entire month of September. On Saturday, you can learn more about the artist and enjoy cookies at the grand opening of the exhibit.
- When/Where? Sunday, Sept. 2 at 7:30 p.m. at Frontier Park, 500 S Riverside Dr, St. Charles.
- What? Bring your lawn chair and hang out beside the Missouri river as you listen to the jazz tunes of the St. Charles Community Big Band.
- When/Where? Sunday, Sept. 2 at 2 p.m. at the American Legion Hall, 504 Highway 61, Wentzville.
- What? Every first Sunday of the month, play Bingo with friends, enjoy food and drinks for $17. Doors open at 12:30 p.m. The event is open to those age 16 and older.