10 Restaurants that Opened in 2010
St. Charles added several new eateries this year. Check them out.
St. Charles welcomed several new restaurants to town. Some are chain restaurants, some are locally-owned - and there were certainly more than 10. Here is a sampling in case you missed out.
- Llywelyn's Pub, 100 North Main Street, St. Charles. This is the fourth location in the St. Louis area for Llywelyn's Pub. The bar offers traditional fare - like fish and chips- and white chili, wraps and burgers. It opened in early spring 2010.
- Haute Cakes, 3301 Domain Street, St. Charles. The store offers biscuits, muffins, rolls, lunches and soups, in addition to many flavors of cupcakes. 3301 Domain Street, St. Charles. They are closed for the month of January, so plan to visit in February.
- Grandma's Cookies, 401 South Main Street, St. Charles. Grandma's Cookies first opened on Main Street in 1976 and in 2010, reopened in the exact same location.
- Dorsey's Corner Store, 1328 North 2nd Street, St. Charles. Lori Dorsey opened her corner store in September. It offers local residents a place to pick up produce, eggs, salad dressings. In addition, Dorsey has seasonal items like flowers and Christmas trees.
- 2nd Street Bike Stop Cafe, 1325 North 2nd Street, St. Charles. Owners Jodi Devonshire and Tony Caruso opened the 2nd Street Bike Stop Cafe in the summer of 2010. The shop offers both bike tune-ups and sandwiches, wraps and coffee.
- Ham's, 105 North Main Street, St. Charles. This deli opened on Main Street in June 2010. The shop offers a variety of sandwiches, soups and salads made from Boar's Head deli meats and cheeses.
- Spirited Heart Banquet Center, 1540 A. Country Club Plaza, St. Charles. This banquet center offers another location for your catered event and has seating for up to 300 guests.
- Papa Murphy's Take 'N' Bake Pizza, 2013 Zumbehl Road, St. Charles. Stop by and have a pizza made from scratch in front of you, then take it home and bake it in your oven.
- Texas Roadhouse, 1300 Bass Pro Drive, St. Charles. This favorite opened in 2010 in St. Charles, making it the second Texas Roadhouse in St. Charles County. Texas Roadhouse is known for ribs, hand-cut steaks and fried catfish.